While being treated for an existing condition, you least expect to contract an additional sickness or infection as a result of your stay – but this is more common than you may think.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,“Although significant progress has made in preventing some infection types, there is much more work to be done. On any given day, about one in 25 hospital patients has at least one healthcare-associated infection,” (Source).
Simple changes in design can vastly improve the possibility of HAIs (Healthcare Associated Infections) – one being so simple it is right at your fingertips – literally. By choosing solid surfaces for your healthcare space, not only will you reduce HAIs, but you will also promote a patient healing environment, an aesthetically pleasing space, and provide long term safety and flexibility.
“A solution to these issues is a solid surface. Solid surfaces are more hygienic, in that there are no pores, seams or voids commonly found in laminate, tile, wood and granite. Not only is solid surface nonporous, it is inert like stainless steel,” (Infection Control Today). KI Furniture offers removable arm caps to help with this exact need. See below for our 6 reasons to choose solid surfaces for healing spaces:
- Non-porous, completely solid and seamless, does not support growth of bacteria, mold and milde
- Supports reduction of HAI (Healthcare Associated Infections)
- Easily disinfected, withstands harsh cleaning agents without surface degradatio
- Highly stain resistan
- Impact resistant, resists cracks, chips and scratche
- Easily renewed/repaired,(sanding,buffing) protection from abus
- Will not bend, peel or stain
Does this look familiar? Avoid the wear and tear of traditional surfaces:
- Non-toxic, non allergenic, low flammabilit
- Low VOCs , no off-gassin
- Greenguard certified for indoor air qualit
4. ATTRACTIVE DESIGN.
- Wide array of color
- Supports updated aesthetic of HC interior
5. PSYCHOLOGICALLY THERAPUTIC.
- Can mimic elements of nature(stone/marble/quartz)
- Smart Investment
6. UNPARALLELED SAVINGS.
- Reduced HAI
- Lower Maintenance Costs
- No inconvenience of ongoing repair
- Eliminates worry of failing inspections
- No downtime or cost of replacement
- Maintains new appearance for a lifetime
Contact us today to discover more about solid surfaces!