As open office spaces increase in popularity, how can you ensure productivity where there is little privacy? Although collaboration and communication between teams are key, private concentration and a variety of workspace options help maximize success to encourage people to work their best in a space that supports specific needs for specific tasks.
Below we have provided 8 ways to divide up an open office with modular pieces that can be adjusted, moved, and keep your company relevant and productive for years to come:
1) Movable Screens. The Tattoo Collection by KI Furniture offers both Flex and Spine screens. Flex screens are easy to move, so you can expand or contract workstations for either individual focus or team interaction. Spine screens support in-line planning with or without power. Both screens feature a unique base design, which allows screens to stand independently. A variety of screen inserts can be added to enhance aesthetics, acoustics and function.
2) Modular Walls - Create cocoons using modular walls for meeting spaces or small touchdown points. KI Furniture provides 3 options for modular walls to promote the ultimate in office flexibility, natural light, and green design.
3) Green Walls - Modular green walls that provide fresh air along with Biophilic design, such as these by NAAVA, have built-in technology so they can be moved when needed, in addition to providing indoor fresh air.
4) Acoustic Pieces. Both contemporary and striking, Allermuir features Baudot products to help improve the acoustics of an open office space, while also adding color and artistic flair.
5) Lounge Seating. Creating a fluid and flowing path for employees along with providing a variety of seating options, lounge pieces can break up workstations while still maximizing working square footage. The photo above features MyPlace lounge seating by KI Furniture along with other modular pieces.
6) Acoustic Lighting. Green Furniture Concept’s Leaf Lamp series has foliage of wool felt, which absorbs sound (A-class) and radically improves the speech perception in a room. Add a moment of whimsy to your working space and divide up the room with these functional pieces.
7) Square One. Indiana Furniture’s Square One is the clean, simple way to provide space division, functionality, and architectural design to any zone within the working environment. With individual building blocks that securely connect to one another and accessories like dry erase boards, acrylic inserts, and tackable and acoustical panels, your personalization of Square One is only limited to your imagination. Square One is made of solid wood, providing a sustainable material for the workplace and bringing warmth and beauty to any space.
8) Day Use Lockers. Day Use lockers by Spacesaver give working spaces that are open, flexible, and support a more transient working style with safe storage, color options, customization, and more. Visit our sister company, DSS, for more information and options.
Have any questions on any of the above suggestions, or want to work together to begin some idea-starters? Click below to contact us today to get started: